Halibut Puffs Recipe
- 1/2 lb mashed, cooked halibut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 40 wonton skins
- 1 egg, slighly beaten
- vegetable oil
- Mix mashed halibut, cream cheese, salt, onion, and garlic powder. Brush a wonton skin with egg. Place heaping teaspoonfuls of halibut mixture in center of wonton skin. Top with another wonton skin, press edges to seal.
- Brush a dab of egg on center of each side of puff. Make a pleat on each edge, pressing to seal. Repeat with remaining wonton skins.
- Fry puffs in vegetable oil until golden brown (about 2 minutes), turning 2 or 3 times. Drain and serve with desired sauce.