Other Fish Recipes
- BBQ Sauce from Ojakangas
- ¼ C butter
- 1 C onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 C tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 T lemon juice
- ½ C vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ C water
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- Prepare BBQ sauce.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer approximately 1 hour, uncovered, stirring frequently.
- Heat grill and oil it by saturating a paper towel with vegetable oil wiping it over the grill.
- Use tongs if grill is hot.
- Place salmon fillets skin-side down on grill.
- Baste top of salmon with BBQ sauce.
- As bottom half of salmon fillet cooks, insert spatula between skin and fish meat, leaving skin on grill.
- Turn the fillet over so basted side is on the grill.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes until the salmon gets a nice sear mark.
- Scrape off the brown, fatty layer that was next to the skin and discard.
- Baste the bottom of the salmon.
- Once the sear mark appears, flip the salmon over onto the skin that is cooked onto the grill and cook the fillet on the skin so that it will not burn or dry the fish meat on the grill.
- Note: Fats and toxins are stored in the skin and brown, fatty layer of the fish.