Salmon with Champagne-Caper Vinaigrette Recipe
Other Fish Recipes
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ C Chopped Shallots
- 1 Tbs Minced garlic
- 3 Tbs Champagne Vinegar
- 1-2 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs Capers, drained
- 2 Tsp Chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 portions Salmon in 6 oz portions
- 2 Tbs Chopped Italian parsley
- Pour ½ cup olive oil into a 12 inch frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add shallots and garlic and stir often until limp but not brown (about 2 minutes).
- Scrape into a blender or food processor and add vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Whirl until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl or pitcher and stir in capers, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse salmon portions and pat dry.
- Sprinkle portions all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 TBS olive oil in same frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon, skin side up, and cook until browned on the bottom (about 3 minutes).
- Turn salmon over, then transfer pan to the oven.
- Bake just until the fish is opaque throughout (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Transfer salmon to plates, drizzle with a little vinaigrette, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve remaining vinaigrette at the table to add to taste.
- Serves 4