- 4 4-6 oz salmon fillets
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 t sesame seeds (white or black)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t and 1 T sesame oil divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 c green beans chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 c broccoli florets
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 T minced ginger
- 2 t Chinese Five Spice seasoning
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 3 c cooked brown rice
- 1/2 c peanuts chopped
- 1 T sesame seeds (white or black) for garnishing
- salt to season
- Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and garlic. Pour on plate and place salmon fillets skin side up on the plate to marinade while you make the rice.
- Add 2 t sesame oil to a large frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Whisk eggs slightly, then add to pan, constantly stirring until scrambled. Remove from pan. Replace pan on heat and add 1 T sesame oil. After 2-3 minutes, add the chopped onion and cook until translucent. Decrease heat to medium and add the bell pepper, green beans, broccoli, garlic, ginger, and Chinese Five Spice seasoning to the pan. Cook until the vegetables become tender. Add soy sauce, brown rice, and peanuts Stir to combine. Salt to taste and add more sesame oil, soy sauce, or Chinese Five Spice if desired. Garnish with sesame seeds (combination of white and black is really beautiful). Enjoy!
- This recipe is courtesy of Jessica Garrett. Thanks, Jessica, for sharing this delicious recipe (and pictures) with our Doc Warner’s guests.