- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound halibut fillets or steaks
- 5 slices dry bread, crumbled, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Mix wine and salt; marinate fish for 1 hour or all day, if possible.
- Drain fish; dry with paper towels. Dip both sides of fish into bread crumbs (reserving some on top); place in buttered baking dish.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and onion, and spread over halibut. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and paprika. Bake at 500 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.