Baked Halibut with Coconut Cashews Recipe
- 1 cup fresh, grated coconut
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans mild green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 lb halibut fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Saute coconut in 1 tbsp oil until lightly browned. Saute onion in remaining oil until tender but not browned. Add garlic, chiles, salt, and curry powder, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add coconut, nuts, and halibut. Cook 2 minutes. Cool slightly. Mix lemon juice with eggs and add to skillet.
- Divide halibut mixture among 6 oiled (7-inch) squares of aluminum foil. Wrap tightly and and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serves 6.
Submit Your Recipe