Pasta with Salmon Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh or dried cappellini, linguini, spaghetti, or other thin pasta
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup fresh shelled petite peas
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) flaked cooked salmon
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta in 4 quarts boiling water until al dente, about 12 minutes for dried and 2 minutes for fresh.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the peas and saute until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes for fresh peas and 1 minute for thawed. Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter and the cream; reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until the butter melts.
- Add the salmon, 1/2 cup parmesan and salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste. Simmer until the cheese melts and salmon is heated through, about 2 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
- Drain the pasta and place it in a heated bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Add the parsley and gently toss to mix well. Serve immediately and pass the remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese at the table.
- Serves 3 or 4 as a main course or 6 as a starter.
Submit Your Recipe