Salmon Soup Bisque Recipe
- 1/2 lb fresh salmon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup tomato puree or paste
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill or spice dill
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- dill or watercress for garnish
- Cook salmon, or poach: cool, flake, and set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter; stir in onion and garlic, and saute till clear. Blend in flour with whisk. Cook 5 minutes on medium heat. Whisk in milk and half-and-half; stir until thick (takes awhile – don’t let it stick).
- Add remaining ingredients except garnish. Stir well, then add salmon. Simmer 15 minutes, then serve.
- Garnish with dill or watercress.
Submit Your Recipe