Halibut Fish Tacos Recipe
Serve on warm tortillas with shredded cabbage and sour cream sauce (add cilantro, lime, garlic, and salt/pepper).
- 1 Salmon fillet
1 tablespoon margarine
½ cup water
Lemon & pepper seasoning
Lemon wedges or slices
- Heat 2 T olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add chopped red onion and stir until coated with olive oil. Cook until tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add minced garlic clove, 1 t taco seasoning, 1 t cumin, and ½ t cracked red pepper – combine so that garlic doesn’t burn. Add 3 T olive oil and ½ t salt to pan and allow to heat and absorb flavors.
- Slice halibut into strips.
- Combine flour, 1 t taco seasoning, 1 t cumin, ½ t cracked red pepper, and ½ t salt. Place flour mixture on a shallow plate or bowl to prepare for breading. Take each strip of halibut and coat generously with flour mixture.
- Go to pan and move onion/garlic mixture to the side to make room for frying the fish. Place each halibut fillet in the seasoned olive oil and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
- Remove fish and pour/sprinkle onions/garlic mixture over strips.