Halibut w/Lemon Sauce Recipe
Other Fish Recipes
- (6) 4-6 oz portions of Halibut
- Lemon Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 3-4 Tbs. lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Combine cold water and cornstarch.
- Heat broth and butter over medium heat; slowly add the blended cold water and cornstarch, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth.
- Beat 2 Tbs. of the thickened broth into the egg yolks and then stir the yolks back into the broth.
- Add the lemon juice and the rind and cook one minute more.
- Do not boil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place halibut portions on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until halibut is easily cut with a fork.
- Spoon sauce over fish and serve.
- Sauce will keep for a couple of days tightly covered in the fridge. Reheat over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Serves 6