Smoked Salmon Lasagna
A very popular and very easy to make pasta baked dish. This Smoked Salmon Lasagna is splendid mixture of pasta layers with cheese and the same type of salmon you’ll catch in our lodge. A great example of comfort food done right in a simple presentation.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups smoked salmon, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9-12 lasagne noodles, uncooked (yes, uncooked)
- 1/2-3/4 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- Saute the onion in 1/2 the margarine. Cook until onions are soft. Add remaining margarine, then blend in the flour and gradually add milk to make a sauce. Add smoked salmon and pepper. In a bowl, stir together cottage cheese, parsley. Worcestershire sauce, and parmesan cheese.
- In a greased, 9X13X2-inch casserole dish, layer creamed fish mixture, cottage cheese mixture, uncooked lasagne. Then add mozzarella cheese. Repeat, ending with creamed fish mixture.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes covered, and an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
This is the an ideal option of you’re thinking on what to do with all that salmon you’ve just caught! Making some tasty lasagna and making sure such a beautiful fish does not go to waste!.
Submit Your Recipe
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup margarine, divided
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups smoked salmon, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
1 pint cottage cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
9-12 lasagne noodles, uncooked (yes, uncooked)
1/2-3/4 pound grated mozzarella cheese